Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hello to you this morning,

 I have been away for what seems like forever. Not away from writing or the Web but away from my blogs and connecting with you. Today, with a new found sense of direction and dedication, I am turning my focus on what I do best... writing. I have made some true accomplishments in the months that have passed and am looking forward to the New year and all it has to offer.

 Where have I been since I last wrote about "things I know about," you may ask? I have been busy walking down new avenues and adding to the knowledge of what writing is and isn't. I have now published six novels and three short stories, two of which are a series ongoing. I have ghostwritten two novels, which has been a learning and growing experience for me. 

 I have walked a bit into the Sci-fi world of writing and found it enticing. There is an entirely new and open genre in Sci-fi in my mind. Why? Because in the Sci-fi world, unlike my writings in the "suspense-thriller"genre, the sky, or perhaps I should say, the Universe is Not the limit. In keeping with reality, my fiction novels of suspense, no matter where I take them, still must follow a line that keeps them "real." Sci-fi, on the other hand can be as close to or as far from reality as the writer wishes it to be. It does leave a lot of room for expansion of the imagination.

 I will be keeping you up to date with my writing and the things I learn about along the way. Where my books are and where they are going will be part of my writing. I do hope to see you around the writing Universe as I open new doors, close a few old ones and peek at what is behind Door # 3.


                         Darrel         

2 comments:

Magdalen Islands said...

It is certainly going to be interesting tracking your progress.All the best, Darrel. May the sun always shine on you.

Darrel said...

thank you for all that you are.

MySavings Media

Dollar General - Savings Zone Gevalia